Alabama Libertarian Forums Forum Index Alabama Libertarian Forums
A Marketplace of Ideas

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What can LPN do for the states?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alabama Libertarian Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdcrownover

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:46 am    Post subject: What can LPN do for the states? Reply with quote

I know nobody is reading this posts anymore, but I have a question: What can the National LP do for us state parties? Or more to the point, what CAN'T they do?

I was under the impression that LPN is very restrictive by law as to how they can help the state parties. Specifically, they cannot give us much (if any) financial assistance.

So, how do the other parties do it? Example (from the St. Louis Post-Distpatch):

Quote:
In the final stretch, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee has reserved at least $52 million to run TV ads in more than 60 districts, nearly all held by their own party. The National Republican Campaign Committee has set aside $35 million in airtime in 55 races, and officials say more is on the way.

This appears, to me at least, that both national parties are throwing lots of money to the states. How can THEY do it but WE can't? What am I missing?
captruss

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is missing is evidence that Alabama is an actual political party and not just a club. The LPN helps several states who have candiates on the ballot and have a decent organization and active members. I wouldn't give us a nickel until we developed a plan and made it work. As I have said many times, it is not a political party if nobody ever gets elected to anything.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alabama Libertarian Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: