Alabama Libertarian Forums Forum Index Alabama Libertarian Forums
A Marketplace of Ideas

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

An Alabama Libertarian Plan of Action for 2010.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alabama Libertarian Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've voted to approve the the basic business plan for the petitioning, and the idea for the field organizing was part of that discussion.

There was no actual vote on anything other than the petitioning part of the plan, but I got the sense that a working majority of the committee agrees with the rest in principle.

The issue coalition agenda has already gone out under the names of party officer(s) as official communication from the party.

I don't think a majority of the committee opposes anything in my plan. I'm not yet sure how seriously they want to get behind making it happen.
captruss

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok we're working on it.
captruss

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news readers of the forum. Serious communication is occuring among principals and plans are being formulated for fund raising and ballot access.

i'll report soon on details.
captruss

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for perspective here is what four different counties would cost to get on the ballot in 2010. If you live in one of these counties and want to do some good, pay to collect these signatures by donating this sum to the party, earmarked for your county signatures. If you live in a county not listed, let the party know and we'll get the info for you.

Sir,

Last week, you requested the signature requirements for ballot access for the Libertarian party for Jefferson, Baldwin, Mobile and Montgomery counties.

Pursuant to Code of Alabama 1975, sec. 17-6-22(a)(1), a political party that did not receive 20% of the votes cast in the last general election must submit a petition of signatures of at least three percent (3%) of the qualified electors who cast ballots for the office of Governor in the last general election for the state, county, city, district, or other political subdivision in which the political party seeks to qualify candidates for office. The party must submit these petitions no later than the date of the first primary.

According to the calculations of the Elections Division, the minimum signature amount for each county goes as follows:

Jefferson: 5,382 ---- $8100.00

Baldwin: 1,374 -----$$2100.00

Mobile: 2,798 ----$4200.00

Montgomery: 1,847 --- $2800.00

Congressional district --- Approximately $7500.00

You must file these petitions with the Probate Judge in their respective counties. Since these petitions must be filed with the Probate Judges, be sure to contact the Probate Judges in each county to ascertain the minimum signature requirement.

For your convenience, please find attachments of (1) information of minor party/ third party ballot access and (2) a sample petition for ballot access for minor political parties. The first attachment makes references to the Alabama Administrative Code. You can access the Alabama Administrative Code online at the following link: http://www.alabamaadministrativecode.state.al.us/ .

These attachments and other helpful information are available on the Secretary of State’s website http://www.sos.state.al.us/Default.aspx .

Thank you for contacting the Secretary of State’s office. Please do not hesitate to contact me if we can further help you.
captruss

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears there is little support anywhere in Alabama for a ballot access drive. I'm assuming that this plan is on the trash heap like every other plan in the history of the Alabama party. Unless and until an individual with big bucks emerges to lead us to the promised land we'll continue to delude ourselves into thinking we'll make any difference whatsoever.

Sorry for the bad news.
captruss

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please step up and read about disbanding the party. We need and value your opinions.

russ
captruss

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do hope we haven't abandoned the idea of ballot access. We can all get on board with this and do it, I know we can. If you are reading this latest post, please go back and read the whole thing start to finish and help me figure out a workable plan.
captruss

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please read the above Brandon, starting with page one. Also read the 2010 ballot access plan for more info.
captruss

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I'm going to expand this plan to provide a step by step roadmap to the rejuvination of the ALP.
captruss

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More of the "plan". Please read them all. I intend to consolidate all of this into one coherent plan in hopes it will provide a blueprint for the future. I am also going to work on a booklet for new volunteers which tells them how to do various jobs and what their responsibilities are. I hope some of this will be voted on at the convention and adopted as doctrine.
dude6935

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't it be easier to target a small number of vulnerable seats and focus all of the energy there? Once you get 20% of the vote in a place, you will have ballot access the next election, right? So you could build up over a few elections with it becoming easier each each election.
captruss

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would work. Anything other than what we are doing would work better. There is zero interest, and as I said to JD, nobody is willing to either be in charge or be a follower and do what somebody tells them to do. Libertarian namby pambies who think kissing each others butt cheeks while acting intellectual will accomplish something, populate the party leadership. Until we get over the notion that being a Libertarian means no rules or limitations of any kind, we go nowhere as usual. We are in the death spiral of ideological intellectualism. Never has worked, won't work and is a dumb way to try to run anything, especially a party. Evidence? Look around. Anything happening in Alabama?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alabama Libertarian Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: